Case Study from Little Swanswell Nursery
Supplier: Avensure Ltd
Client: Little Swanswell Nursery
About Little Swanswell Nursery:
Little Swanswell Nursery is a local, caring, professional and fully qualified day nursery, providing care for children aged 0-5 years. Located close to the City centre of Coventry in the West Midlands.
Why did Little Swanswell Nursery need HR or Employment Law Advice and Legal Assistance?
An Employee within their probationary period had persistent sickness absences through various reasons and we needed Avensure to advise and guide us on what we could whilst staying legally compliant, as this was causing staffing problems.
How did Avensure help address their HR issues?
Initially Avensure advised to hold a probationary review meeting with the employee in question, however, before the nursery were able to hold this meeting the employee went off sick once again. They claimed that they had been prescribed medication by their GP and had been signed off sick for 2 weeks.
The nursery was advised to await and see whether they received the sick note as per the Employees terms and conditions and if this was not received then they would conclude resignation as the employee had failed to supply any medical evidence in support of their claims.
The employee failed to supply the medical evidence and therefore it was recommended that the nursery conclude their resignation.
However, the conclude resignation letter crossed over with the employees’ email of resignation.
The Nursery was advised to write to the employee one final time stating that their letter crossed over with the employees email, but that the nursery accepted their resignation with immediate effect.
We are extremely happy with the service provided by Avensure and found their assistance to be very helpful throughout this process. I was always able to speak with Maryam when I needed to, or she would get back back to me straight away if she was unavailable.
What services do Avensure provide Little Swanswell Nursery?
Health & Safety
- Initial visit to clients Primary site to conduct a Health & Safety evaluation
- Summary Report and Recommendations
- Health and Safety Management system and supporting documentation, including health & Safety policy statement, structure arrangements, records, risk assessment guide, guidance notes and employee handbook.
- Updates of Health & Safety documentation in line with changes to legislation, or changes to organisational structure or layout of premises.
- Unlimited email and telephone support.
- Access to an expert Health and Safety Advice Team 24/7 basis
HR and Employment Law
- Bespoke HR Documentation: Contracts and Handbooks and guidance on implementation.
- Immediate 24/7 advice on all ongoing HR and Employment Law issues.
- Access to our own dedicated Employment Law Consultant, Bev Wood who is invaluable.
- Access to a team with a vast range of experience in Employment Law Contracts and HR.
- Insurance to cover all legal and tribunal representation costs including all compensation awards.
- Barrister/ Solicitor trained legal advisors.
- Training to help us understand Employment Law and HR issues better.
What would you say to someone thinking of using Avensure’s services?
You are fantastic,
If I need help with any HR issues, Avensure deal with my requests straight away and our advisor always has a friendly manner.